Announcements: 29/30 Mar 2021
Here are this week’s Announcements
- Band Cadets are invited to join on a Air Cadet band performance to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of the Air Cadet Program! Information can be found on the #General-Band Channel in Discord or Here
- The In-person CTC Course have unfortunately been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There will still be employment options for staff applicants and virtual courses offered. If Public health measures permit there will be local in-person courses offered as well. More information can be found https://577aircadets.ca/training/summer-training/
- The Cadet Activity Program (CAP) has been changed to be Virtual only, Information can be found at https://577aircadets.ca/training/supplementary-training/ and cadets are stongly encouraged to sign up as soon as possible! they’re filling up fast and some courses are already filled up, we encourage you to sign up for multiple courses that may interest you
- There will be a Virtual Leadership presentation for all cadets on Saturday, 17 April 2021 at 1030hrs – 1230hrs featuring incredible panelists. Dale Kendall – Officer Comming Leduc RCMP, LCol Michele Claveau (Ret) – Former CO RCSU(NW) and 37 Years in the CAF, Ken Simon, Former Coxswain HMCS Calgary, and Dan Goff – President, Equity Rentals. It will be a very cool and informative presentation. We encourage as many cadets that are available to attend.
- DRMAC Conference – the DRMAC is Mental Fitness and Suicide Awareness will be conducted as a one day conference, conducted virtually to air cadets and staff from the RCSU NW, it will run Sunday 11 April 2021 from 0900-1600 hrs and will be delivered by the PSP Edmonton Staff via Zoom. The purpose of MFSA is to prepare personnel in all ranks and positions to promote mental fitness and to reduce the incidents of mental health injuries including deliberate self-harm and suicide within the military community. This is a course that is delivered to the CAF and will be modified slightly for our purposes. it will be open to 2 Senior Cadets and 1 staff member per Squadron.
- Survivair wil be conducted this week at 1800-2000hrs
- . The CAP Program will be conducted from 5-9 Mar 2021
- There is no Virtual Training next week, 5-6 Mar 2021 Enjoy the break!
- Band Sunday 11 Mar 1300-1500 Hrs
Deuputy Commanding Officer