Announcements: Week of Nov 1, 2022
- Thursday Nov 3, 2022 –
- Groundschool 1900-2100hrs at D-Coy Armouries in training rooms 3 & 4. Civilian attire
- Survivair 1830-2100hrs at D-Coy Armouries- Civilian attire
- Saturday Nov 5, 2022 – Squadron Drill Day at D-Coy Armouries. 0900-1600hrs with ALL cadets. Lunch will be provided to cadets, if you have food restrictions please let your senior cadets know (eat breakfast before coming). Cadets are asked to wear their Field Training Uniforms, and bring all pieces of their blue dress uniforms with them. Make sure to label bags and parts that are brought. Cadets are also asked by the Warrants to bring, a water bottle, boot polishing kit, a towel (just over the shoulders is fine), and a sewing kit if possible.
- Sunday Nov 6, 2022
- Drill Team – 1300-1500hrs at D-Coy – bring your boots and wedge, civilian attire
- Band Rehearsal – 1500-1700hrs at D-Coy – civilian attire
- Monday Nov 7, 2022 – Marksmanship 1800-2000hrs at D-Coy in civilian attire, please see attached the tryout lists of what cadets are shooting on which day. We cannot shoot them all on the same night, it is VITAL that you come on your assigned evening ensure timings and space work out. Marksmanship tryouts list
- Tuesday Nov 8, 2022 – Regular Training 1830-2130hrs at D-Coy. Dress for the evening will be C3 Orders of Dress Reference
Upcoming: Remembrance Day – Nov 11, 2022. This year level 1+3 cadets will be attending the indoor ceremony held at the Bonnetts Centre. Level 2+4’s will be at the outdoor ceremony meeting at the Trinity Lutheran Church and then marching to the Cenotaph in Jubilee Park. Timings will be announced next week but are typically roughly around 1000-1200hrs. These are mandatory events to attend!!
- If you have siblings from different levels you may pick one ceremony to attend if assigned to different venues, simply inform your warrant officers. If you wish to attend another ceremony in your own town/community (ex. Sexsmith, Beaverlodge, etc) please let your warrant officers know you are doing so.
SQUADRON SPONSORING COMMITTEE:
- ALWAYS check these announcements first before contacting squadron email/phone or
- If you are reporting an absence please text the squadron number at 780-538-3610, it is easier for the administration team to manage those messages as the phone is not actively monitored throughout the week. You may still call the number and leave a message however, but these are the only accepted methods to excuse an absence.
- If you are a parent who it was mentioned that your cadet would need extra medical forms they are ready for you and need to be completed ASAP. If you are unsure if your cadets has more forms please email the Squadron Administration officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a parent interested in becoming a screened volunteer for events like bottle drives and fundraisers please reach out to the squadron email to get that process started.
- Please links to our Public Facebook page and Private Group (Group is for current squadron cadets and parents only). We use these groups to share photos and other stuff like that. Official announcements and stuff are still made to this website first and foremost.